Friday, May 30, 2008

Peabody apartment fire

We got caught up in a bit of traffic on 128N yesterday on the way to a birthday party in Peabody. It was around 4:00pm so I chalked it up to the beginning of rush hour traffic. It wasn't until we got a little closer to Peabody that I noticed the black cloud of smoke in the sky.
Come to find out, The Highlands at Dearborn apartment complex in Peabody had caught fire (yet again). Thankfully no one was hurt, however, it's been reported that a few pets did not make it out. 20+ units suffered damage though and I can't imagine what the people who lived there are going through. My heart goes to these families.

Here's a few photos and a quick video I took with my little pocket camera while driving. Excuse the shaky video, I was trying to be somewhat of a good driver & keeping my eyes on the road while sticking my hand and camera out the window.