Thursday, May 1, 2008

Shoot swap

Yesterday little A and I had a shoot swap with a local photographer friend of mine, aka "the other Kim". For those of you who don't know what that is, basically I shoot her kiddo, she shoots mine. The benefit of doing this is b/c you'd be surprised how hard it is for me to get any glimpse of eye contact from little A. Most of my photos are of her running out of the frame or giving me dirty looks. Also known as PCS=Photographers Child Syndrome (a joke amongst my group of photog friends). Plus, it gives you photos of your little one in a style that is different from your own. Always fun!

I've only done this once before and it was when she was a lot younger, stationary and easier to photograph.
Kim and I had big plans to head into Boston with multiple clothing changes for the kids, shoot at the Public Gardens, ride the swan boats, head over to Copley and stop by the Trinity church and then to Faneuil Hall to shoot some more. To say that things didn't quite go as planned is an understatement. We started at the Gardens and there were these crazy squirrels that were so used to being hand fed that they would literally run right up to you and CLIMB ON YOU! So as we were shooting, we were constantly having to watch our backs and keep the kids (and us) from getting attacked. Since we brought so many clothes and had them draped over our carriages, we looked like those homeless people with shopping carts full of random crap. This meant that we couldn't stray too far away from the carriages in fear of someone swiping our stuff. There was no way I could concentrate on shooting & keeping an eye on our carriages all while chasing the kids and making sure they didn't dive into the pond with the ducks that they were so interested in.
On top of the chaos, it started to get cold and putting little A in one of the 3 dresses I brought was out of the question.
But despite all of this craziness we had a great day walking around town, people watching in Copley and grabbing lunch on Newbury Street. And I was happily surprised this morning when I downloaded the pictures and found a couple of cute ones of "the other Kim's" Little A. Here's a few favorites. Hope you like 'em other Kim!








And click here for a short black & white slideshow with the rest of her images from the day.

No comments: